Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Noah's Ark

It only takes a few delightful days of purposeless ambling on New York's streets to understand what Noah's Ark must have been like....no, seriously, this is no intentional pun. I stumbled upon the near-homophone almost serendipituously.
It was in one such Eureka-moment that I received a link from Professor Sree Sreenivasan that led me to this Only in New York photo vaudeville. If you, dear reader, have any more of such once-only pics of any city in any part of the world, then please do share it with us. As for me, I am already rummaging through my photo files to find what I can dredge.


















5 comments:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Hi
From the photos, I understand New York is crazy, vibrant and my kinda city! I like it.

Anonymous said...

Some pics are really nice, others only so-so. Wish someone would give us the realness of NY, in black and white. Can you think of any?
Swapandas.

Anonymous said...

Gawd, New York is so frigging dirty and cant see what there is to write so much about. All you see is chinese and spanish there and more chinese and more spanish. Where is the diversity there?
It is only blighted third worlders who are so enamoured of this place. For some of us, it is only a dirty hovel.

Vani said...

Swa, you are spot on. Seeing is believing, so do come here the soonest you can.

Vani said...

Anonymous # 1:
The realness of NY in black and white? The city is all about starburst and colour, so putting it into black and white is, me thinks, hardly real. The New York public libraries, almost all of them, have extensive stacks of reference books, most of them with stunning old photographs of the city in the days before the city exploded in Kodak colour. Wanna try some?


Anonymous #2,
Pass the pepper, please....achoo...ahem, I dont generally waste my time crossing words with the Rupert Murdoch-types. Vanish!